Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little About Me


Hey all,
First of all, Welcome to my Blog. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
My name is Calee Lott. I'll be 21 years old on the 14th of February. I'm from a fairly small town at the base of the Uintah Mountains, and just East of Park City known as Oakley, UT. I'm currently attending Utah State University where I am majoring in Plant Science with a horticulture emphasis and a minor in Animal Science. I then plan on continuing on my education in Graduate School with a major in Range Science. My dream is to own/manage a fairly large cattle ranch, or be a Range manager for the NRCS, Forest Service, BLM, or a private cattle ranch. 
I recently served as the Vice-president for the Utah FFA Association. State office was one of the best experiences of my life. I grew as an individual, worked on a team with five of the best people I have ever met in my entire life, and have learned how to wear fifty different hats at one time. During my time as a state officer, I learned about the importance that advocating plays in agriculture, and the importance of making sure that my story is told by me.
When you ask a university student what they miss most about home, typical responses may include, "my mom isn't here to feed me, do my laundry, etc." In my case, however, I miss my cows.  My family owns a small hobby-ranch consisting of about 20-30 Hereford-angus cross cattle, about 6 horses, 1 mule, sometimes we have some sheep, and some chickens (which I wouldn't mind getting rid of as chickens are horrifying). This last spring, Something exciting happened! I worked out a deal with my grandpa, and purchased my first heifer.
Well, there's a little about me, and I look forward to sharing my passion for agriculture with you in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment